Review of Results and Access to Scripts
If you're unhappy about an exam results, you can ask the school to complete a review of your results, this could be a clerical re-check or review of marking or you can request the marked paper ('access to scripts').
For more information please check the exam boards websites -
Service 1 - Clerical Re-check
This is a re-check of all clerical procedures leading to the issue of a result. This service will include the following checks -
- That all parts of the script have been marked
- The totalling of marks
- The recording of marks
Service 2 - Review of Marking
This is a post-results review of the original marking to ensure that the agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly. Reviewers will not re-mark the script. They will only act to correct any errors identified in the original marking. This service includes –
- The clerical re-checks details in service 1
- A review of marking as described above.
Copy of a reviewed or clerically checked script is also available at a further cost.
Service 2P - Priority Review of Marking
This a priority service that ensures copy scripts are returned to the centre in sufficient time to allow decisions to be made whether a non-priority review of marking should be applied for.
A priority review of the original marking to ensure that the agreed mark scheme has been applied correctly. Reviewers will not re-mark the script. They will only act to correct any errors identified in the original marking. This is not available for all levels and subjects
Deadlines for Reviews and Scripts for November 2019 Exams
|Results||16th January 2020|
|Priority Copy of Marked paper||23rd January 2020|
|Clerical re-check||13th February 2020|
|Review of Marking||13th February 2020|
|Original marked paper to support T&L||20th February 2020|
|Priority Review of Marking||Not available for the November series|
Review of Results and Access to Scripts Fees 2019/2020
|Service||Type||**AQA GCSE||*Pearson GCSE||*BTEC - Level 2 and Level 3|
|2||Review of Marking||£37.55||£40.40||£40.40|
|2P||Priority Review of Marking||not available||£46.40||BTEC Level 3 only - £55.90|
|ATS01||Priority Copy of marked paper||TBC||£5.00||£5.00|
|ATS02||Copy of script to support teaching and Learning – Original||£11.30||£5.00||£5.00|
|ATS03||Post – review of Marking copy||£14.35||£12.50||£12.50|
* Prices from 1st August 2019 to 31st July 2020.
** Prices from exams series between 1st September 2019 to 31st August 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have my coursework or controlled assessment reviewed?
- No. This service is not offered by the Awarding Bodies.
What do I have to pay?
- You have to pay for each exam paper, not for each subject.
- Payment may be made by cash.
What can happen to my mark or grade?
- Marks and grades can go up, go down or stays exactly the same.
- If your grade for a subject (not unit/paper) increases, we will return your payment.
Can parents authorise this review of marking?
- This form must be signed by the candidate in the box below. If the candidate is not able to sign a form and give permission, please contact the Exams Office to discuss the best action.