Free School Meals
INFORMATION ABOUT FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Apply for free school meals.
Who can get them?
You must receive one of these benefits to qualify:
· Income Support.
· Income Based Jobseekers Allowance.
· Child Tax Credit (not including Working Tax Credit) - if the household income is below £16,190.
· Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
· An income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
· Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 if you are an asylum seeker.
They may ask for proof of benefit after you apply.
If your child is in years 2 or below they are currently entitled to 'Universal Infant Free School Meals'. However the school may be able to get additional money if you currently receive any of the above benefits and apply for 'Free School Meals'.
Please apply on-line using the link to Kent County Council's website (see link below).
Alternatively please contact the school office for further help.
Change your details
If your circumstances change you need to get in touch with Kent County Council as you may need to make a new application.
· there is a change in the benefits you receive
· your child changes school during the school year
You do not need to re-apply when your child is moving from primary to secondary school.
Call Kent County Council on 03000 41 64 64 between 8:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, if your circumstances have changed.