Year 10 - Work covered so far this Academic Year
A page to explain what Year 10s have covered in term 1 and 2, to help both parents and pupils target what they need to revise for the forthcoming mocks in November – checklists are available on subject revision pages.
Full List of revision subjects and what your son/daughter's class has currently completed. The table shows which topics have been covered, and the blanks show what is still to be done. You can also see which topics are paper 1 or paper 2. The November mock is only on paper 1.
Business and Enterprise
- A1 Elements of the promotional mix and their purposes
- A2 Targeting and segmenting the market
- A3 Factors influencing the choice of promotional methods
B FINANCIAL RECORDS
- B1 Financial documents
- B2 Payment methods
- B3 Sources of revenue and costs
- B4 Terminology in financial statements
- B5 Statement of comprehensive income
- B6 Statement of financial position
- B7 Profitability and liquidity
C Promotion and Finance for Enterprise
- C1 Using cash flow data
- C2 Financial forecasting
- C3 Suggesting improvements to cash flow problems
- C4 Break-even analysis and break-even point
Full List of revision subjects and what your son/daughter's class has currently completed. Every class has completed the blanks at the top of the table - read down the table until you reach your class. The position of your class tells you what work has been covered so far. The November mock is only paper 1 work.
Paper 1 (1h45m, 13th May AM)
- Section A: Shakespeare – ‘Macbeth’ (studied in term 2 of year 9 and revised last term)
- Section B: 19th Century Novel – ‘A Christmas Carol’ (studied last term)
Paper 2 (2h15m, 21st May AM)
- Section A: Modern Text – ‘An Inspector Calls’ (studied in term 4 of year 9 and will be revised before the March Mock)
- Section B: Anthology Poetry – ‘Power & Conflict’ Cluster (7 poems studied in year 9, the remaining poems will all be covered in class this term)
- Section C: Unseen Poetry (studied in term 6 of year 9 and revised in term 2)
Following the completion of the Anthology Poetry this term, all texts will have been covered in class and class time will be devoted to revision and exam practice.
The mock exam in March will be a full Paper 2 exam.
Covered in Term 1 and 2 in Geography -
Paper 2: Challenges in the human environment
- The global pattern of global change
- Urban growth in Brazil, (Rio de Janeiro)
- Urban challenges in the UK
- Sustainable development in urban areas
- Economic development and quality of life
- Reducing the development gap
- Economic development in Nigeria
- Economic development in the UK
Health and Social Care
Full List of revision subjects and what your son/daughter's class has currently completed. Every class has completed the blanks at the top of the table - read down the table until you reach your class. The position of your class tells you what work has been covered so far. The November mock was only paper 1 work and the March mock exam is paper 2.
PAPER 1 – BELIEFS AND TEACHINGS
- Christian Beliefs
- Christian Practices
- Islam Briefs
- Islam Practices
PAPER 2 - Themes
- Relationships & Family