General Subject Information
Design and Technology and Engineering is about providing opportunities for students to develop their capability, apply their problem solving skills combined with their designing and making skills whilst using knowledge and understanding to create quality engineered products/services.
The foundations of Design Technology and the Principles of Engineering are taught within KS3 and the departments offer a multitude of projects delivered on a termly rotation system. The rotation consists of Food, CAD CAM, Resistant Materials, Music, Textiles and Computing. Each teacher is a specialist in their own area, with two teachers including the Director who is multi skilled in all areas of Design Technology.
- KS4 ( year 10-11), we offer the Pearson qualification BTEC Level 1/2 Technical Award in Engineering.
- KS5 (Sixth Form), students have the opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding by studying Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate in Engineering.
KS3 Technology Rotation ( set fortnightly)
Week 1: Design an A4 poster related to the termly rotational subject ( can be hand drawn of computer generated – must include colour, imagery and keywords)
Week 3: Keyword vocabulary based learning
Week 5: Evaluative Summary/written based learning
weekly vocabulary sheet ( keywords/ spellings/comprehension and ability to demonstrate within an engineering context )
Yr 12: Term 1& 2 weekly maths task in prep for exam, term 3,4, 5 and 6: research based tasks to inform Unit 2 Assignment
Yr 13: to research Fusion Tutorials weekly on You tube and demonstrate/share new learning with peers
Level 2 Subject Information
Tech Award -
Level 3 Subject Information
Sixth form course information can be found in the sixth form courses page
- Electrical/Mechanical Services
- Product Design/3D Design
- Engineering (Civil/Structural)
Useful Websites - Job Opportunities
- British Engineering - Click Here
- Find an apprenticeship - Click Here
- Engineering and Manufacturing Apprenticeships - Click Here
- TFL Apprenticeships - Click Here
- RAF - Click Here
- Army - Click Here
Useful Websites - Career Related
REVISION HELP CAN BE FOUND HERE