Uniform and Equipment Expectations
SCHOOL UNIFORM AND EQUIPMENT
The high reputation enjoyed by this old-established school has been very largely built upon the great measure of co-operation we have received from parents and carers. We are sure we can rely upon you to co-operate with us in maintaining these high standards in the matter of school uniform.
The Accredited Supplier of St George’s Church of England Foundation School Uniform is :-
The Schoowear Centre
56 Addington Street
Kent CT9 1QS
If in doubt, please contact the school before buying an item of school clothing. All garments and possessions brought into school should be clearly marked with the pupil’s name.
All lost property will be taken to, and claimed from, the Student Support Office.
Parents/carers are strongly recommended to take out personal insurance against the loss of possessions.
FASHION CLOTHES/SHOES, TRAINERS AND BOOTS ARE NOT ALLOWED AND PUPILS WILL BE SENT HOME IF THEY WEAR THESE ITEMS. "SPORTS SHOES" ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
ALL PUPILS MUST ABIDE BY THE UNIFORM RULES. ANY PUPIL NOT WEARING FULL UNIFORM WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO NORMAL LESSONS. A separate document has been sent as a reminder of the uniform expectations.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that:
- Hair should be in a style acceptable to the school and of a natural colour. Hair must be no shorter than a grade 2 cut and there must be no patterns or partin shaved into the head. If, in the opinion of the Headteacher, hair is unacceptable parents will be informed and the child may be isolated. Parents are advised to contact the School prior to visiting a hairdresser if they have any queries regarding acceptable hairstyles.
- Make-up can be subtle but if deemed unacceptable by the school, contact will be made home. False eyelashes, fake or coloured nails are NOT PERMITTED. Please ensure that your child is not bringing make-up into school.
- Pupils are only allowed ONE pair of small plain studs or ONE pair of plain sleepers, they may also wear a watch– NO OTHER JEWELLERY IS PERMITTED. If a pupil wears a ring or other jewellery it will be confiscated, pupils can then collect at the end of the day. NO BODY STUDS ARE ALLOWED, INCLUDING NOSE AND TONGUE STUDS.
It is vital that we are all prepared and Ready to Learn. Therefore I ask that all children are sent to school with the following equipment:
- Pen – Black or Blue
- Pen - Red
- Colouring Pencils
- Glue Stick
To help you in your Maths lessons. It would be excellent if you could have your own:
Maths set (including compass and protractor) and Scientific calculator (Casio)
we supply all equipment for exams
LANYARD AND SWIPE CARD:
- Pupils must have their lanyard and swipe card.
- The lanyard must be worn as part of the uniform each day.
- The colours of the lanyard will remain the same as they travel up the years and if needed these can be repurchased via ParentPay and will be given to your child in school.
- New swipe cards will only be issued to new pupils joining the school, all others must be repurchased via ParentPay.
- All new pupils will also be issued a lanyard and swipe card.
The school community take great pride in wearing the St George’s crest, and I therefore ask that all parents ensure their child adheres to the uniform and equipment expectations, it is vital we have parental support in order to uphold the high standards we set for all.