Within Thanet (our Local Learning Area) there were over 130 trips (including sports fixtures) during the 2022/23 year. This does not include weekly swimming lessons or after-school club at Clip n’ Climb at Primary.
Trips beyond Thanet last year included:
- Year 7 trip to Hever Castle
- Year 8 to Greenwich Maritime Museum
- Year 9 to Natural History Museum
- 6th Form to University of Kent and to University of Greenwich
- Dragons to Canterbury Cathedral
- KS1 to Marlowe Pantomime, Canterbury
- Years 8 to 11 Bluewater Shopping Trips at Christmas
- Year 11 Field Trips to Reculver and to Stratford, London
- Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions (Year 9 and 10)
- Thorpe Park reward trips for Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12
- Year 6 trip to Maidstone Police HQ
- Years 4 to 6 Lion King trip
- Year 12 trip to Christ Church University, Canterbury
- Year 7 Camp.
We have been increasing our number of trips since the pandemic, but we also have to take into account costs for the school and for parents. Trips are an important way of increasing pupils' cultural capital. Ocassionally, it is a cheaper option to bring in an activity such as the Wonderdome mobile planetarium which all year 8 visited this year.