St George’s Sixth Form provides a stimulating vocational curriculum, which allows pupils to specialise in areas that motivate and challenge them whilst providing the opportunities to further their learning ready for the world of work, apprenticeships or university. The Careers and Pastoral Support offered to Sixth Form pupils allows them to grow as individuals, informing them of their choices for the next stage in their lives. This is provided within the school environment that is safe and secure, reflecting the family atmosphere of our all-through community.
If you have any questions about our Sixth Form then please email email@example.com
We provide a range of opportunities and experiences at Post-16 including a variety of Level 3 qualifications allowing pupils to progress into employment and higher education. The two year experience of Sixth Form does not only provide pupils with the qualifications and skills needed for the next stage of their higher education or career, it is the intermediate stage between childhood and adulthood. The pastoral support given throughout the Sixth Form experience helps our pupils to enter the next stages of their lives as well-rounded adults.
The Sixth Form offers a range of activities for pupils including our Football Academy, social events and trips. Pupils are encouraged to take part in the school enrichment programme where they support the school or wider community in various ways whilst simultaneously improving their CV. Sixth Form pupils are offered the chance to help younger pupils in the secondary or primary school.
We understand that not all of our pupils will choose to progress to university after their time in Sixth Form but there is a well-structured programme of preparation for higher education for those that decide to progress in this way. Other pupils will be supported in finding full-time employment or apprenticeships. For more details of our Careers and University support, please follow the link.
|Director of Sixth Form||Miss Hyde||
Telephone : 07736 269148
|Year Support||Mrs Buckingham||
Telephone : 07719 229934
To report an absence, due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances, please contact Mrs Buckingham.
If you are unable to contact either Miss Hyde or Mrs Buckingham directly, they can also be contacted via the main switchboard.
Sixth Form Agreement and Dress Code
As a Sixth Form pupil at St George’s C of E Foundation School, I accept that my main aim is to achieve the best possible results in my studies and I will ensure this by:
- Keeping up-to-date with all my studies and attending all timetabled lessons
- Meeting all deadlines set by staff by making productive use of study time at school and at home
- Limiting my involvement in paid work to no more than 12 hours a week (government recommendation) so that academic progress and success is kept a clear priority
- Arriving punctually every morning by 9.00am to be ready for timetabled lessons or study time
- Signing in and out with my swipe card through the pupil entrance whenever entering or leaving the school premises
- Wearing the correct clothing to adhere to the Sixth Form dress code
- Not leaving the school premises before 12.00 noon every day
- Not having any mobile device out anywhere in school except the Common Room
- Participating in a week of work experience in Year 12, where we recommend that you organise your own placement so that it is relevant to your future aspirations
SIXTH FORM - DRESS CODE EXPECTATIONS
Dress code as follows:
- All pupils must ensure their personal appearance is appropriate to the school setting.
- Pupils should either wear dark smart trousers with a shirt and tie OR smart dresses OR trousers/skirts with a smart top
- Skirts and dresses must be a reasonable length, no shorter than just above the knee.
- All footwear must be smart in style and dark in colour
- Black lanyard and swipe cards
The following items MUST NOT be worn at any time:
- No vest tops
- No denim of any kind or colour
- No trainers
- No facial piercings
- No hoodies
- No leggings/jeggings
If you are part of the TSC Football Academy, the official kit with trainers is the only thing that can be worn on training days to substitute the smart dress code above. The official kit includes:
- Navy joggers
- Blue shorts
- Blue top
- White polo shirt
- Blue jumper
Sixth Form Attendance
Sixth Form Attendance Policy
For information about the Sixth Form attendance, punctuality and absence procedures at St George’s School, please click here.